Sunday, August 11, 2013

frankenflies

by alex husby

I have been experimenting with craft fur and marabou a bit lately, substituting them and make shifting existing patterns. Most of them have been intended for a bayou audience. Here in Houston, there are endless miles of waterways holding any number of fish, one where I caught my biggest bass-a 7lb slabbbb.

Anywho, the olive scheme seems to be the most popular with bass and panfish-these are what I came up with. I am always inclined to name new flies:

          1. Green Reaper is pictured on the right. Craft fur tail on a size 10 wire hook with olive legs. Classic           bead head wooly bugger body and head.

          2. Hatch Chili Minnow is on the left. White over green marabou tail on a size 8 stinger hook. Green           chenille body, bead chain eyes and a tuft of tan craft fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment